Simply cloud computing is the delivery of computing services like — servers, storage, database, networking, software, analytics, intelligence etc over the internet. You only have to pay for the services that you use.
This offers faster innovation, flexible resources, and economies of scale.
In comparison to the traditional way of doing business where you have to think about IT Resources to purchase or deploy and spending lots of money and time.
In cloud computing, you don’t have to think about IT Resources. You don’t have to waste your time and money on them. You can use any services within a minute without any pre-investment. You can easily access a variety of services over the internet.
Top Benefits Of Cloud Computing
- Cost-Efficient — Cloud Computing removes the need for the capital expense of buying IT Resources and managing it. You can easily use any IT Resource on the pay-as-you-go pricing model.
- Speed — In cloud computing, you can deploy or use computing services just with some mouse clicks and access them in minutes.
- Global Scale — Using cloud computing you can get your application in a minute and scale it globally. Accessible to the users from any region and of any size. It has the ability to scale elastically.
- Productivity — In cloud computing you no need to manage any hardware and operating systems you just need to focus on your applications. Which is going to you more productive.
- Performance — Top cloud computing platforms offer a global network of data centers, which are updated regularly. Cloud computing also offers you high-performance computing resources as per your needs.
- Reliability — Cloud computing backup your data on multiple locations, they ensure the safety of your data on their platform. They have a proper disaster recovery mechanism.
- Security — Cloud computing platforms have their resources configured highly secured and they also offer you some controls to enhance the security from your side.
Why do you need to bother about learning cloud computing?
Cloud computing was the number one most demanding in-demand skill of 2019, according to LinkedIn.
The demand for cloud computing skills is on the rise as more and more companies are adopting cloud services. According to Forbes, the worldwide spend on cloud computing services will grow 19.4% compound annual growth rate (CAGR) from $70Bn in 2015 to more than $141Bn in 2019.